A. SAQ (Short Answer Questions): (1 mark each & to be answered in a complete sentence each)
- What type of poem is it ?
- How does the lover travel the sea ?
- When does the lover travel the sea ?
- How does the moon look like ?
- What makes the sea ‘grey’ ?
- Why are the waves startled ?
- How do the waves of the sea leap ?
- “As I gain the cove...” – Who is the speaker here ?
- When does the lover stop the speed of his boat ?
- What does the lover do after gaining the cove ?
- How many fields does the lover cross ?
- What appears when the lover crosses three fields ?
- What does the lover do when he reaches the farm ?
- Why does the lover give a tap on the window-pane of his sweetheart’s cottage ?
- What answer does his tap get ?
- “And a voice less loud...” – Whose ‘voice’ is referred to here ?
- How does the lady of the lover feel when she hears the tap on the window-pane ?
- How is the voice of the beloved ?
- “Than the two hearts beating each to each!” – Which two hearts are spoken of here ?
- What is more loud than the voice ?
- Why is the voice less loud in the poem ?
- What is the second part of “Meeting at Night” ?
B. DAQ (Descriptive / Analytical Questions):
(5 marks each & to be answered in about 100 words each)
- Give an account of the lover’s journey to his beloved in “Meeting at Night”.
- Give a description of the nocturnal atmosphere in the poem “Meeting at Night”.
- Describe the effect of colour used in Browning’s poem “Meeting at Night”?